Joy in Serving Christ in Unity - Part 1
Updated: Aug 17, 2020
Joy in Unity and Humility
Date: June 27th 2020
Speaker: Bro. Ebenezer Gujjarlapudi
Passage Reference: Philippians 2:1-11
Key Verse: Philippians 2: 5
Central message: The key to experiencing biblical joy is by striving to maintain spiritual unity - empowered by the Holy Spirit - through humility, as exemplified by the life of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
¡ THE MOTIVE FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY & HUMILITY – V1 ¡ THE MARKS OF CHRISTIAN UNITY & HUMILITY – V2 ¡ THE MEANS OF CHRISTIAN UNITY & HUMILITY – V3-4 ¡ THE MANDATE OF CHRISTIAN UNITY & HUMILITY – V5 ¡ THE MODEL OF CHRISTIAN UNITY & HUMILITY – V 6-8 ¡ THE MEASURE OF CHRISTIAN UNITY & HUMILITY – V9-11
The example of our Lord Jesus Christ - in His Incarnation, His service and His Sacrifice provide the greatest example of humility inspite of divine prerogatives. The Apostle Paul reminds the Philippian believers that true biblical unity and humility is only possible when energized by true biblical convictions and the enablement of the Spirit of God.
Adequate Spiritual Resources (verse1)
+ Appropriate Spirit enabled Response = Unity Application:
Questions to ask:
1. Do I strive to have the convictions as described by the Apostle Paul in Phil 2:1?
2. Am I submitting to the Spirit of God to enable me to strive for biblical unity?
3. Do I strive to relinquish selfishness and empty conceit?
4. Do I make a conscious effort to esteem others better than myself?
5. Do I actively think about the example of Christ and strive to follow His example?
What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice.
Preaching/serving the Lord Jesus Christ with Joy, and with the right motives out of a pure heart amid suffering for the Lord
Full Sermon Video : TCF Charlotte June 27th 2020