Updated: Aug 17
Life Worthy of the Gospel
Date: June 13th 2020
Speaker: Bro. Daniel Thullimelli
Passage Reference: Philippians 1:19-30
Key Verses: Philippians 1:27 (NASB) - Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ
Central Message: Joyfully serving the Lord Jesus Christ with Boldness and striving to exalt His name in all circumstances, striving and suffering for Christ
· Introduction (Paul’s joy in the gospel being preached even in unfavorable conditions) (Philippians 1:12-18)
· Paul’s Attitude and conviction (Philippians 1:19 -26)
§ Not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ, Confident of vindication from false accusations
§ Live for Christ and exalt Him through his life and to be fruitful for the Lord.
· Conduct of Christ Follower/believer (Philippians 1:27 – 30)
§ Believer’s way of life should be Worthy of the gospel of Christ, worthy of the calling of God.
· Paul’s Joy was rooted in Christ and in seeing His work accomplished. He was not dismayed/discouraged and did not lose sight of the work that was entrusted to him.
· Paul is confident that he will be vindicated from false accusations / delivered from his situation through prayer and the power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
§ So, we can also Rejoice that Jesus Christ will vindicate/deliver us from troubles and false accusations.
· Paul’s has taken a posture (attitude) to magnify/exalt Christ in all circumstances throughout his life whether alive or facing death and to be fruitful for the Lord.
· While we are still in this world, we should be an instrument of God to encourage one another and make disciples for Christ.
· Paul encourages Christ followers/believers to conduct their way of life to be worthy of the gospel of Christ and the calling with which every believer is called.
§ To be united and have one mind striving together for the faith of Gospel.
§ To be bold to not be afraid of the sufferings that will come as a result of striving to live a Godly life.
· As people of God redeemed by the blood of His precious Son our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, we are called to emulate the life of Jesus Christ while he was on this earth. We are called to love one another, bear with one another in love, to be humble, to be gentle, to be patient with one another, forgiving one another, having one mind, working together, striving to advance the Gospel of Christ instead of having dissentions among ourselves and hindering the work of God.
· Not pointing out faults in others/ judging others, Let us all search our hearts in the light of God’s word and examine ourselves to see if we are able to confidently say with conviction just as Paul said “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain”.
· Do you find yourself filled with Joy in serving the Lord working along with your fellow believers?
· Only in Christ are real unity and Joy possible.
Full Sermon Video : TCF Charlotte June 13th 2020